CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education & Care
- You must have completed year 10 or equivalent or be considered a mature aged student.
- All applicants must also complete a literacy and numeracy assessment at AHEA.
- Applicants are required to have access to computer and internet.
- 34 weeks (approximately), including 5 weeks of Supervised Field Placement
- Additional placement time may be required if assessed as Not Yet Competent
- AHEA usually does not hold classes during periods designated as school term breaks by the West Australian Department of Education or on gazetted public holidays.
- Full Time:
- This course requires participants to complete up to 5 hours of individual prereading and preparation before each class.
- AHEA’s classes are small in size, usually a maximum of twelve students. This allows for a more intense form of instruction and personalised delivery.
- Flexible /External (only available for students working or volunteering in the Childcare Industry)
- RPL/RCC available: Contact the Academy if you need more details
- Go to our Fees and Charges page or contact the Academy for current course costs.
- Please note that the course costs do not include ‘The Working with Children Check’ and any ‘Medical Clearance’ which is an industry requirement.
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care may be available at a discount to eligible participants of various Programs. These programs may be funded by the Commonwealth Government and the Government of Western Australia – call the Academy for current details.
This qualification reflects the role of educators in early childhood education and care who work in regulated children’s education and care services in Australia. They support children’s wellbeing, and development in the context of an approved learning framework. Educators use a range of well-developed skills and knowledge using discretion and judgment when carrying out their work in the context of established policies and procedures. They may work independently or under the guidance of others, although in some contexts that guidance may not be on-site.
It is the minimum qualification required to work in licensed child care services across Australia.
Occupational titles may include:
- Child Care Assistant Educator
- Family Day Care Educator
Upon successful completion of this course, you can progress to the following qualifications
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
*** All units require students to demonstrate that they have gained competence from on-the job training (Supervised Field Placement).
*** Students must ensure they can obtain a Working With Children’s Check. This is not provided as part of the course and is the responsibility of the student. Students may also be required to provide a medical clearance at their own expense.
*** For students who are undertaking Supervised Field Placement and they are pregnant, we require a letter from their General Practitioner stating it is safe for them to continue with the Supervised Field Placement.
*** All resources are provided on loan for use by students during the course.
Units of Competency covered
|CHCECE030||Support inclusion and diversity|
|CHCECE031||Support children's health, safety and wellbeing|
|CHCECE032||Nurture babies and toddlers|
|CHCECE033||Develop positive and respectful relationships with children|
|CHCECE034||Use an approved learning framework to guide practice|
|CHCECE035||Support the holistic learning and development of children|
|CHCECE036||Provide experiences to support children's play and learning|
|CHCECE037||Support children to connect with the natural environment|
|CHCECE038||Observe children to inform practice|
|CHCECE054||Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people's cultures|
|CHCECE055||Meet legal and ethical obligations in children's education and care|
|CHCECE056||Work effectively in children's education and care|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk|
|HLTAID012||Provide First Aid in an education and care setting|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|