To gain entry into this course candidates must demonstrate competence through a recognised training program or recognition process, in the relevant competencies from the Certificate III in Children’s Services. Call us for details.
Course Duration: 40 weeks (approximately)
Delivery Mode: Flexible/External (only available for students working in the Child Care Industry)
RPL/RCC available: Contact the Academy if you need more details
Contact the Academy for current course costs
This qualification covers workers in children’s services who are responsible for planning, implementing and managing programs in early childhood services, in accordance with licensing, accreditation and duty of care requirements. At this level:
• Workers have responsibility for supervision of other staff and volunteers
• In most states it is the highest qualification required at director or service manager level for children’s service centre-based care.
Occupational titles may include:
• Childcare worker (qualified)
• Team Leader /Group Leader
• Children’s service director / coordinator
*** All units require students to demonstrate that they have gained competence from on-the job training (Supervised Field Placement).
*** Students must ensure they can obtain a Working With Children’s Check. This is not provided as part of the course and is the responsibility of the student. Students may also be required to provide a medical clearance at their own expense.
*** All resources are provided on loan for use by students during the course.