Certificate III in Education Support (CHC30213)

Entry Requirements

You must have completed year 10 or equivalent or be considered a mature aged student and you must turn 18 years of age or older by completion of the Teacher’s Assistant course.

Course Duration

17 weeks (approximately), including 4 weeks of Supervised Field Placement

  • Additional placement time may be required if assessed as Not Yet Competent

Delivery Mode

  • Full Time:
    • This course requires participants to complete up to 5 hours of individual prereading and preparation before each class.
    • AHEA’s classes are small in size, usually a maximum of twelve students. This allows for a more intense form of instruction and personalised delivery.
  • Flexible/External (only available for students working in the industry)
  • RPL/RCC available: Contact the Academy if you need more details

Course Costs

Contact the Academy for current course costs.

Certificate III in Education Support may be available at a discount to eligible participants of various programs. These programs may be funded by the Commonwealth Government and the Government of Western Australia.

Qualification Information

This qualification covers workers in a range of education settings including public and independent schools and community education settings that provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad based supervision.

Some jurisdictions may require specialist skill development and supervision by qualified teachers to address specific job roles.

Some job roles may require the education support worker to complete work external to the immediate education environment e.g. In Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities.

Occupational titles may include:

  • Education assistant
  • Education assistant (special needs)
  • Education support worker
  • Home tutor

Please Note

*** Students are required to demonstrate that they have achieved competency during on-the-job training (Supervised Field Placement).

*** All resources are provided on loan for the use by students during the course

*** Students must ensure they can obtain a Working With Children’s Check and an Education Department Police Clearance (these are not provided as part of the course and are the responsibility of the student).