Certificate III in Early Childhood Education & Care (CHC30113)
You must have completed year 10 or equivalent or be considered a mature aged student.
25 weeks (approximately), including 4 weeks of Supervised Field Placement
- Additional placement time may be required if assessed as Not Yet Competent
- Full Time:
- This course requires participants to complete up to 5 hours of individual prereading and preparation before each class.
- AHEA’s classes are small in size, usually a maximum of twelve students. This allows for a more intense form of instruction and personalised delivery.
- Flexible /External (only available for students working or volunteering in the Childcare Industry)
- RPL/RCC available: Contact the Academy if you need more details
Contact the Academy for current course costs.
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care may be available at a discount to eligible participants of various Programs. These programs may be funded by the Commonwealth Government and the Government of Western Australia – call the Academy for current details.
This qualification covers workers who use organisational policies, procedures and individual children’s profiles to plan activities and provide care to children, facilitating their leisure and play and enabling them to achieve their developmental outcomes.
Depending on the setting, workers may work under direct supervision or autonomously.
Occupational titles may include:
- Child Care Assistant
- Family day care worker
- Childcare worker
*** All units require students to demonstrate that they have gained competence from on-the job training (Supervised Field Placement).
*** Students must ensure they can obtain a Working With Children’s Check. This is not provided as part of the course and is the responsibility of the student. Students may also be required to provide a medical clearance at their own expense.
*** All resources are provided on loan for use by students during the course.