Certificate III in Individual Support - Ageing (CHC33015)
- You must have completed year 10 or equivalent or be considered a mature aged student.
- All applicants must also complete a literacy and numeracy assessment at AHEA.
- 16-18 weeks (approximately), including 4 weeks of Supervised Field Placement
- Additional placement time may be required if assessed as Not Yet Competent
- AHEA usually does not hold classes during periods designated as school term breaks by the West Australian Department of Education or on gazetted public holidays.
- Full Time:
- This course requires participants to complete up to approximately 5 hours of individual prereading and preparation before each class.
- AHEA’s classes are are small in size, usually a maximum of twelve students. This allows for a more intense form of instruction and personalised delivery.
- RPL/RCC available: Contact the Academy if you need more details.
- Go to our Fees and Charges page or contact the Academy for current course costs.
- Please note that the course costs do not include The National Police Clearance which is an industry requirement.
- Certificate III in Individual Support – Ageing may be available at a discount to eligible participants of various Programs. These programs may be funded by the Commonwealth Government and the Government of Western Australia – call the Academy for current details.
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to aging, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
Occupational titles may include:
- Individual support worker
Those successfully completing this qualification can progress to the following qualification (for details of these ask the enrolling staff)
- Certificate IV in Ageing Support
*** All units require students to demonstrate that they have gained competence from on-the job training (Supervised Field Placement).
*** Students must ensure they can obtain a National Police Clearance. This is not provided as part of the course and is the responsibility of the student. Students may also be required to provide a medical clearance at their own expense.
*** All resources are provided on loan for use by students during the course.
Units of Competency covered
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and wellbeing|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCAGE005||Provide support to people living with dementia|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
|CHCPAL001||Deliver care services using a palliative approach|
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|