Certificate III in Individual Support - Ageing (CHC33015)
You must have completed year 10 or equivalent or be considered a mature aged student.
16 weeks (approximately), including 4 weeks of Supervised Field Placement
- Additional placement time may be required if assessed as Not Yet Competent
- Full Time:
- This course requires participants to complete up to approximately 5 hours of individual prereading and preparation before each class.
- AHEA’s classes are are small in size, usually a maximum of twelve students. This allows for a more intense form of instruction and personalised delivery.
- RPL/RCC available: Contact the Academy if you need more details
Contact the Academy for current course costs.
Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) may be available at a discount to eligible participants of various Programs. These programs may be funded by the Commonwealth Government and the Government of Western Australia – call the Academy for current details.
This qualification addresses work primarily in residential facilities under direct or regular supervision within clearly defined organisation guidelines and service plans.
You can be expected to:
- Carry out activities to maintain personal care and/or other activities of living for people in an aged care setting
- Carry out activities related to an individualised plan
- Report directly to a supervisor and are not responsible for other workers
*** All units require students to demonstrate that they have gained competence from on-the job training (Supervised Field Placement).
*** Students must ensure they can obtain a National Police Clearance. This is not provided as part of the course and is the responsibility of the student. Students may also be required to provide a medical clearance at their own expense.
*** All resources are provided on loan for use by students during the course.